Infantry, mounted units and other types of unit may bear different types of weapons in battle, each type being suited to different purposes. Detailed information about the combat strengths of a selected unit can be found on the Unit Details panel.
- Swords, axes and maces are general-purpose melee weapons, being particularly effective against spearmen.
- Spears are most effective against larger targets like mounted units, and can be braced to negate a charge.
- Great weapons have special damage values that ignore armor. It is to be noted that these units typically attack slower, so they are less than suitable for engaging swarming infantry.
- Halberds are the combination of spears and great weapons, they are best against large armored targets, but the unit attacks slower so weaker against sword infantry.
- Some units deal magical damage (like hexwraiths). This damage can ignore most effects, especially physical resistances, like ethereality.