- Wintertooth require the Norsca (DLC) to play.
Wintertooth play largely like the regular Norsca faction, with a few exceptions (see below).
Background[edit | edit source]
See main Norsca article.
How they play[edit | edit source]
A summary of Wintertooth gameplay:
- Units: Cheaper, undisciplined marauder units, backed up by many large monstrous units. Few ranged options.
- Regiments of Renown: Wintertooth has access to several RoR, some have special requirements in the campaign.
- Allegiance to the Gods: Wintertooth can gain favour with one of four Chaos Gods, gaining various rewards and bonuses.
- Norsca settlements: Unique settlement system, can only colonise settlements in the Norscan peninsula, coastal settlements and racial capitals, which unlocks technologies.
- Monstrous Arcanum: A book that allows Wintertooth to engage in monster hunt quests, for great rewards.
- The Everchosen's Summons: A special dilemma which allows Winterooth to join the Chaos Invasion with the Warriors of Chaos, if they choose.
- Tribal Confederation: Wintertooth can confederate Norscan Tribes by defeating their leaders, or vassalize them by taking their last settlement.
Battle[edit | edit source]
They use the Norsca unit roster.
Campaign[edit | edit source]
See main Norsca article for details. See below for info unique to Wintertooth.
Legendary Lord choices[edit | edit source]
Wintertooth players can choose from the following lords when starting a campaign. See the individual lord pages for information on their various bonuses in campaign.
- Throgg – a large monster who can crush enemies in melee, and with a vomit attack from range.
See the page on the Norsca faction for their lord choices.
Cave of the Rocky Throne[edit | edit source]
Victory Conditions[edit | edit source]
- Short Campaign
- Long Campaign